Monday, May 01, 2006

 

Wretched

Rom 7:15 I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.
Rom 7:16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good.
Rom 7:17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.
Rom 7:19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
Rom 7:21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being,
Rom 7:23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind
and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.

I know that it is insensitive to say those things, but I did it. I know that some things are not important, and I shouldn’t be bothered by it, yet I’m affected by it emotionally, and not serving others the way I should. I’m sorry for being impatient when I know that I should be patient, and just being so inward looking instead of being other-centred.

What I know, what I do, and what I feel will seldom reconcile whilst I’m still living as a foreigner in this world. Often, what I know is constant, while the actions and feelings are just inconsistent. I do not like the feeling when I know what is right, yet deep inside me, I’m battling with the feelings that I shouldn’t be having. It’s tough, and many will agree. This will always be a struggle I (and other Christians) will have to face till Christ returns, only then will we be perfected.

Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Thank God that Romans 7 didn’t end at v23. If not, I would have probably given up the faith. It’s really comforting to know that Christ has paid the price of our sins and took upon the death we all deserve. May this post also encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you (both God and R) for being so patient with me.

Comments:
Thanks for sharing, much needed..

Thank God we aren't condemned because of what we do, but rather because of what Christ has done we have hope.

May knowledge of what Christ has done for us free us always from worrying about our performance here and now... =)
 
Thanks so much for the sharing :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?