Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Comprehension is hard work

Yes, Chinese comprehension can be tough, but comprehending the bible and communicating its truths is definitely not easy. In a recent bible study leaders training session, this challenging task was once again presented clearly to me. The conclusion I came to at the end was that I really fall short of what is needed for a good bible study. Do I really comprehend what the passage really says? I’m afraid I’ve fallen into the trap thinking I do, but in reality, I do not truly comprehend it. Laziness and complacency have crept in. It is only when I was told the importance of writing in a sentence or two the main points of a passage that I realized that I’ve long neglected this very important step. It’s high time I work on this!

Comments:
Bible exegesis is indeed tough work! But at the end of the day, its also something we ought to learn to do :) jia you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?