Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

Yearly affair

This can fall under the Christ-less Christmas Part 2. Since last year, my sister and her family started the trend of having turkey and ham on Christmas Eve, and of course exchanging and unwrapping of presents. Initially, I was glad that we are meeting up, and it is a good chance to share the gospel to her and her family. After the gathering at my brother's place this year (they take turns), I can't help but say that I'm disappointed. Didn't expect it to be yet another Christ-less Christmas gathering when my brother and his wife are Christians. There was no mention of Jesus, but crude jokes and pagan talks here and there. I need to repent as well, for not trying my best to bring in the gospel in our conversations. When it's Ray and my turn to host them in the future, would we dare to correct their understanding of Christmas and proclaim the gospel to them? A test of whether we are ashamed of the gospel. Gave a copy of 2 Ways to Live to my brother and sister-in-law, and hopefully it will remind them of the gospel that has saved them and the need to pass it on to other people, especially our own family members.

Comments:
jia you! p"q will be praying for you (:

<3 phy
 
Thanks phy! :)Looking forward to seeing you on Friday. See ya!
 
Blessed Christmas to you dear <-- delayed Hahaa
Wonderful brand new year filled wif Abba's presence!!
 
yeah, its true that the true meaning of Christmas has been blured by santa, turkey and exchanging of gifts. may we together bring out and spread the message tat its about the birth of christ, our savior and lord. Glad to have u and ray in the FOM. May we 3 continue to serve God faithfully and also encourage and love 1 another
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?