Monday, November 21, 2005

 

Christian Acrobat

It's rare that I'm still awake at almost 3 in the morning. And blogging. haha..Don't think it's the coffee I took this afternoon, making it a sequel to Sleepless in Serangoon North. ;p Not that I'm overly excited or anxious about the exams. Maybe not stressed up at this moment. heh..Just can't wait for the moment when I place my pen down for the last paper, the final academic paper in life. Woo hoo! Unless I flunk.Hmm..> <

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the Romans studies come to end, the 'theory' is easier but the applications are many times more difficult. Loving the unlovable, blessing those who persecute us, obeying the authorities instituted by God (which means deleting all the songs and software which I don't rightfully own), standing firm in gospel matters and being conscious of not dwelling on disputable matters, etc. The motivation behind our striving to apply these in our lives is simply Romans 12:1 " I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." Romans 13 ends off reminding us " For salvation is nearer to us than when we first believed. The night is far gone; the day is at hand." In response to the coming Day, we are to put on the Lord Jesus, walking in the light and not darkness.

The act of balancing came into my mind as I pictured a diagram with 'gospel living' at the centre, 'In view of God's mercy' on the left and 'Christ's 2nd coming' on the right. Being skewed on either side causes us to lose our focus on the other. Do I really long for the Day? A question that I have to keep asking myself and other Christians, especially those under my care. The Christian is not just a soldier, farmer, athlete (2 Tim), perhaps an acrobat as well. :)

Comments:
Christians are narrow-minded, no-life people as well eh ;)

On a serious note, there're professing Christians who forget about BOTH the mercy shown to us in Christ and the future judgement, and end up living out a life of 'Christianised' religiousity rather than "gospel living".

May we never come to that, by God's grace, and continue to remind/rebuke/exhort one another to do so.

Thanks for sharing =P
 
... Oh come on... you guys are commenting on each others' blogs like that... *combs standing arm hair*
 
Hamster... -_-

Okok, next time I let u comment first before I join in =D
 
Hamster!! eh...enough hor. ;p
 
What... Only ONE such comment liddat leh... *huff* *crosses arms* *refuses to speak*
 
=PPP
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?