Friday, July 15, 2005

 

Some updates

It's been a while since I last updated as my laptop was sent for refomatting. It's much faster now. Phew! Thanks Ray. :) Spent most of my nights out this week. For Mon and Tue, I attended the 'God's Word Is Alive!' workshop organised by ARPC and conducted by Sandy Galea. It was quite an eye-opener for me, and I've learnt much about teaching children. Indeed, it is even more difficult to teach children who are concrete thinkers as compared to us adults who are abstract thinkers. Some of the ideas mentioned are similar to what I've learnt in my Education Studies modules in NIE. Sandy emphasized that only one point is to be made for every children talk. On top of that, we can teach the Word creatively by having activities targeted at multiple intelligences (based on Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligence Theory.) A pity we had to rush through the notes. Could be better if we had time designing activities on the spot. Nevertheless, it was interactive and we learnt many interesting activities. More information can be found on Kidswise. :) On Wed, BTPC's mid week bible study group met together for the very first time at Wai's place. The discussion was great and it was good to see new people joining us. Will probably switch from Sunday's group to this group. Spent Thur accompanying Dad to National Dental Centre for a day surgery. Appreciate your prayers for speedy recovery. And now, looking forward to the Bible Conference over the weekend! :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?