Monday, July 25, 2005

 

Humbled

School is starting tomorrow! Feeling neutral. Heh. On one hand, I’m glad that I can meet my friends and learn new things, but sad that I won’t have the luxury of time anymore. Anyway, I should be thankful for the 3 months break I had. It had been a fruitful one, which included a trip to Japan, a wonderful church camp, and a bible conference. I also give thanks for the various gatherings with friends and the time I’ve spent studying for the correspondence course. Thank God for His providence of a temp job too, which helps a great deal in my expenses for the coming term. Before I get busy with school, thought it will be good to share what God has taught me recently. :)

I give thanks to God for the opportunities to learn more about Romans, from both the Project Timothy Bible Conference and the sermons and bible studies in church. As I’ve shared with some of you, God has humbled me once again, reminding me who He is, how sinful and worthless I am, and what I need to constantly guard myself against. Though I can never fully understand why God chose me, I can only respond in gratitude towards what He has done for me in Jesus Christ, who has turned the wrath of God away from me. God is indeed a merciful and righteous God at the same time. As I prepared and taught Romans 2, the reality of God’s judgment struck me once again, that God will judge men’s secrets through Jesus Christ (Rom 2:16). I’ve been critical at times, being quick to judge and failed to look at myself. Who is in the position to judge? Only our Lord Jesus Christ. I thank God that the very one who will judge is my Saviour as well. Thank God for the reminder to constantly watch my motivation and thoughts, for He will judge my inmost secrets and motivations.

Today’s sermon on Romans 2:17-29 was not only peppered with good illustrations, but most importantly, the message was clearly delivered too. Religiosity doesn’t please God and definitely don’t make us right with Him. The only way to be right with God is to love Jesus and have an inward change of our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Lastly, as the sermon was concluded, I was reminded to guard myself against doing many external things to please both man and God. As I assess my life, this would be ministry in teaching the youths, reading the bible with people, studying for a correspondence course, attending trainings, conferences and camps. May I always check my motivations! As for the correspondence course, it has helped me to understand more about the O.T, and it is really encouraging to know that our God is a faithful God who keeps to His promises despite the constant rebelliousness of man. Hope I can remember what I’ve learnt, and be able to pass the exam. Haha. I have a poor memory!! However, the most important thing is that my life will indeed be shaped by God’s will and commands, and what I’ve learnt will also benefit those around me. Thank God for the many precious lessons He has taught me, and do join me in prayer that we will all continue to grow in knowledge of God, so that we may please Him in the way we live. :)

Comments:
hi yifen, how are u? Sorry that we couldn't meet up due to our busy schedules. One day we meet up okie? Your blog is the only way i can check out your life kekee.. so visit my blog too hor :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?