Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

Some updates...

Haven't been doing much for the past few days..Celebrated my parents' wedding anniversary on Wed at Grand Shanghai, next to River View Hotel. I've always wanted to check out the place, and since my Dad enjoys music, thought it might be a good idea. Glad that they enjoyed themselves very much. The food is good, albeit slightly pricey. We had shanghainese handmade noodles,炒年糕, 小笼包, a tofu dish and 豆沙锅饼. They serve more variety of dim sum in the afternoon. The music was indeed good, and there were some 老外who came for the music. For those who like oldies, you may want to check out the place. :)

A few days ago, I had a discussion with two sisters and a brother on what it means to be gentle and quiet in spirit. Some people think I'm quite gentle..haha. ahem. (Some disagree?) I've always thought of myself as rather 粗鲁,and not the gentle type. I can get quite chatty and crappy. heh. After listening to last night's sermon on 1 Peter 3:1-7, I think we all have a clearer idea. Being gentle and quiet spirit can be understood as such: not being quarrelsome, insistent, pushy, selfishly assertive, argumentative. Simply put, women should not be like opposition parties. In a nutshell, women have to submit to their husbands. Shall continue to work towards being gentle and quiet in spirit, whether I do get married in the end.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?