Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 

Facing the real world of teaching

What NIE teaches is sometimes..too idealisitc. Our lesson plans look terrifc, but in reality, we can fulfill possibly at most 70% of it? Seems that whichever subjects we teach, doing, marking and re-marking corrections can simply take up a period of lesson (even when there's two of us in class). Then, there's 听写,订正《新天地》etc.My CT kept asking me to rush, and I just feel like I'm throwing all the 生词 to the kids and that's the end of the lesson. All the preparation on critical thinking activities seem to go to waste. Guess it's the way my CT teaches. She's always worried that she can't finish teaching all the 生词。I think it's also due to the pressure of meeting the timeline set by the department. Oh well, will try my best to teach the way she prefers, and at the same time, adding in creativity. Appreciate your prayer too! The kids are too 乖,not very reponsive except a few. Not sure how things will turn out when my NIE supervisor observes them!

Comments:
It seems like the real world of teaching is making you very busy...
 
Yeah....it happens across the board, for all my teacher friends.
 
Just to let you know, nobody was born an effective teacher. We all learn along the way. I'm sure even your CT or NIE Supervisor was unable to follow through with a whole lesson plan when they first started teaching and could still be like that now.

Teachers are students in a way. Just that we learn from 40 teachers at one go. :P
 
Very true Fen-jie...I understand what u mean...we're sorta in the same boat...thanks for ya support..jiayou and take care till the next time we meet! =)meiyu
 
Indeed, students are teachers in a way too. :) I've learnt much from the kids, esp the P3s.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?