Wednesday, February 16, 2005

 

1st 2 days of Practicum

I'm in school now..No, I'm not lazing around. ;p in fact, all the other trainee teachers have left. I'm in the AM session but staying back to discuss my lesson observation scedules with my CT. Thought I might as well make use of the time now. hee.. Thank God that this desktop computer in my cubicle works and has internet connection. :) Sharing it with the rest. There's 6 of us and I heard that 3 more PGDE students will be joining us next week! That means 3 people to one cubicle. It's still alright, considering that we are taking the HOD's cubicle. hee...at least we are away from the battlefield upstairs (staffroom). The first two days of Practicum have been quite enjoyable, especially today. Just after recess, I went up to my P3 class for observation and saw one girl bleeding from her nose. It was quite bad, but thankfully, the chinese teacher was with her. In the end, we brought her to the General Office and gave her mum a call. She was very calm, and I think it is because she is used to recent bouts of nose bleed. Soon after, her nose stopped bleeding and things were back to normal. By then, 20 mins have passed.

When we got back to class, one P3 student actually remembered that I went to his class last year! He even doodled something for me. Still trying to decipher what it is. He drew waves and wrote: "This is a maze. If you teach us, you can tell me." Hmm..Hope my rapport with the class can be built up over the weeks. The kids in this P3 class are lovely and warm up to me quite easily. I guess joining in their group work just now helped a bit. Looking forward to teaching them! My CTs turned out to be more approachable that I expected, and they are generally easy to work with (my gauge at this point in time). :)

Comments:
hmm... looks like all teachers should go through basic first aid ;) well, you are very warm and friendly yourself, and that helps :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?