Sunday, December 26, 2004

 

What I've been up to...

Have been too lazy to blog..been thinking about a lot of things. Sometimes, it may not be helpful that I blog. Prefer to pen it down in my journal. Anyway, it has been a good break thus far. Am thankful that I've learnt much from God's Word, and being challenged to live out the truths in my life. Also spent quite a far bit of time catching up with friends and my family. Not forgetting catching up on sleep as well. :)

It's high time that I announce publicly that I'm no longer in YCKC (in case some YCKC friends are still wondering.) With regards to the reason, it is personal. Feel free to contact me if you wish to know. Apologies if I've made a sudden disappearance, because I didn't want to declare it to everyone at that point in time. Thus, I've only made known to a few people who are close to me or whom I'm directly accountable to. Once again, sorry if I've not handled this matter well.

As for which church I am with now, I've been attending Bethany Trinity Presbyterian Church (opp Helping Hand, near Bethesda Serangoon) since early Nov. Thank God for the warm fellowship I receive there, and I'm settling down well. Coming next year, I'll be serving in the Youth Ministry and trying out the Children's Ministry for the first time! It's indeed an exciting year ahead. Appreciate your prayers as I build up relationships with my fellow church members.

As the break draws to an end, I'm glad that the decision making process for the FES issue is finally settled. At least we can move on to the next stage of speaking to resource persons and planning for ministry. As Ann mentioned in her blog, all of us must have thought hard about this issue, and definitely important for us to do so. Through it all, I'm really thankful for the encouragement I've received from fellow exco members and also Fred, Steff and some of the graduates. Looking at the same issue from different perspectives (yet not displacing God's Word in the decision-making process) is very helpful. I'm sure all of us have matured in the process, sharpened our understanding of the gospel and ministry, and putting it into practice in this issue. It is my prayer too that we will seek to encourage one another in every step of the way, and many years down the road, we will still be guarding the good deposit that has been entrusted to us, not compromising in any way. :) True gospel ministry is tough, may our focus never waver.




Comments:
Wow, you've really taken a bold step!

I pray you will quickly build strong Christian relationships with the BTPC people, and grow there in the Lord Jesus.
 
Thanks Sern Khoon. :)
 
Hmm... thanks for reading that lengthy post but i dont think this is what i meant in my blog - "all of us must have thought hard about this issue".

I don't think everyone has given serious thoughts into the issue. I am really amazed at the speed they changed their decision in the last meeting.

1) You mean the possiblity of staying for a while didnt come to their mind before? Havent they think beforehand whether it is a good possibility for 3 months before they write their decisions in the email to gf? If their decisions waver so fast, what then is the purpose of the email?

2) If you are talking about helping the remaining people, which is a good point... then let me ask...

Have they thought through WHO exactly are they going to help? Can they pen down the names of these people?

Of the ppl in the list, can they do ministry with them outside the platform?

Given the short time span (3 months), how much time can they spend with each of these ppl? Be realistic!

IF these questions did come to their mind while deciding whether to stay for the sake of the members. Then i think maybe they are thinking.

This is only for those who are staying for the sake of their members. I havent mention anything about those who are staying because the future plans looks promising. I refused to mention anything about the possible help from the ex-SW.

What i meant in my blog is that... i am happy only for those who are thinking. But NOT all are...

See you at the camp tomo... can stay over at my room if gracs's room too crowded. =)
 
thanks for the comment ann. :) apologies for misreading ur post. my fault, didn't read carefully. haha..anyway, i agree with what you said.
 
heh, maybe i didnt express myself well enough... again... any news regarding the talk with p. chris?
 
no lah..it's me..i'm blur..haha. ;p
sent an email to p.chris yesterday but no reply yet. He's expecting our email though..hope to meet up with him soon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?