Thursday, September 02, 2004

 

Liliah

My sister and her family has gone back to Scotland to visit her in-laws. This makes a good opportunity for the rest of the family to get to know her maid better. Liliah has just started working for my sis last month, am glad that she's much more efficient and responsible as compared to the previous maid. After taking my shower just now, my plan was to chat with her for a few minutes, but we ended up talking for an hour plus. Through the conversation, I learnt more about the plight of the Filipinos in their country, the struggles she faces in her family and also interesting facts about her country. Felt very much for her but there's nothing much I can do besides to encourage her. Through a change in topics, we ended up discussing about Christianity and Catholicism (Correct spelling?), and in the process, I encouraged her to think about the basis of our salvation. Praying for more opportunities to share our lives and sharpen our understanding of who God is.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?