Monday, September 27, 2004

 

Busy Weekend

Much to share about the weekend...I think this is my longest entry so far.

Friday..

Thank God that Geraldine agreed to visit ARPC on Fri night. It came as a pleasant surprise. :) As usual, the lecture every Fri morning is super boring, and our dear lecturer never seems to get past the first slide. Being a typical task-oriented Singaporean, I would want to use my time productively. While I was browsing through Matthias Media's Resource Guide, I had an opportunity to discuss with Geraldine some questions she has pertaining to Christianity and was glad that she found some of the books appealing to her as a non-Christian. I briefly told her that some of the books are available at ARPC and took the opportunity to invite her to the Fri service. Glad that she went, and it actually showed her a different perspective of how sermons are preached faithfully. Sometime ago, she was put off by a group of Christians who kept pressing her to make a decision for Christ week after week. On our way home, she shared that she liked the way the sermon was presented and expressed interest to attend the Fri service every week. Thank God that despite her tiredness that day, she could still concentrate on the sermon (Btw, she apologizes for appearing unfriendly that day cos she was not feeling too well). There were many questions on her mind, and an excitement on her face which I do not often see. :) How we wish the bus ride could be longer! The problem now is her parents are not in favour of her attending church. It is my prayer the Spirit will convict her of the truth, and as her close friend, I may also be able to explain the Bible clearly and be Christ-like in the way I live my life.

Saturday...

After my GE class, I rushed down to FES Council Meeting together with Charmain. Again, I was fighting the Z monster halfway through the meeting. Various issues were raised, with some that a few of us are especially concerned with. Anyway, that's how it is with meetings, esp. with regards to some. ;p

Was trying to do my work and prepare for bible study while the mid-autumn celebration was on. I failed to beat the "glass-breaking" voices.

Sunday...

I had a long day....Youth service started at 9am, followed by main service at 10.45am. Today's sermon was on the 7th Commandmant, "You shall not commit adultery". Halfway through the sermon, I was fighting the Z monster again, struggling to keep myself awake. Lime mints didn't seem to help much. ;p Anyway, right after service was lunch, followed by writing the Christmas script with James, Adrian and Jan. I dozed off in the midst of it. haha..but for abt 2 mins only. Not sure if anyone noticed. ;p Finally, the last thing on the schedule was Ben & Shiyin's wedding preparation meeting. All of us were tired, but we managed to come up with a list of 'To-Dos' and settled our roles. Shiyin said I'm responsible and punctual, thus she appointed me as timekeeper and logistics officer based in church...haha..actually, I tend to be late for about 10-15mins. Geraldine can vouch for it..haha..I'm working on it, hope there will be some progress..heh. But I'll make sure that things go smoothly for the wedding. :)

Comments:
haha... on the actual wedding day, I'll be calling back constantly to update you on the timing progress of the groom! should get you a stopwatch for Chrismas! :p
 
Yoz...fen jie, is ok lah...think the 10-15min waiting time for u is like training for me to be more patient...haha =P
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?