Sunday, August 22, 2004

 

A meeting of the intellects

I spent almost half of my Saturday stucked in a meeting of the intellects. It was actually a seminar I had to attend for my general elective. At first, I thought it will be quite relaxing and I could probably catch forty winks. Man, it turns out that it was held in a small conference room at the Chinese Heritage Centre in NTU, and there were the intellects from the Masters and PhD classes, with a significant number from China. I was fighting the Zzz monster and progressed to stoning after the Q&A session started. I was lost in their debates..for a start, I could not even fully comprehend their questions. Even my lecturer gave me the "This is really a cheem discussion, it's really heavy going" look. haha...Some interesting observations though..there was this sporty, tanned looking guy who looks more like a PE teacher, but his knowledge of Chinese history and literature, and his command of Mandarin was really good. Jaw dropped. A classic case of "looks can be deceiving".

Comments:
Exactly!!! That Q&A session was torturous! Luckily, we engaged in the "paper MSN" or I would have gone for a date with Mr. Zhou!
 
lao shi...

lesson time also msn... tsk tsk... haha...

hope u did manage to learn something though... hehe... cya ard!
 
heyhey// link me k.. http://passionenstring.blogdrive.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?