Thursday, August 19, 2004

 

Be not ashamed of..the gospel.

I've been feeling less tired this week, probably because i'm getting used to sleeping less nowadays. And i think a good rest over the weekend helps a lot. :) Not forgetting coffee..haha.
It was great hearing Wai preached last night. I'm really thankful for his faithful teaching all these while, espcially when I first joined CF. His patience in explaining the Word to me, and correcting me in love has been really encouraging. In the book of Philippians, Apostle Paul instructed fellow Christians to imitate his way of life, his labour and love for the people and God. By God's grace, may my life also be an example to those around me.

During the talk last night, I've been challenged to think what it means to not be ashamed of the gospel, especially in seemingly unimportant situations that I deem. For example, the daily conversations I share with my classmates and friends may seem very casual. But one think that struck me was whether I do see these casual topics as even opportunities to share the gospel, and presenting the hard truth to them, that they are rebels against God and He is angry with them. I've to admit that sometimes I do take the easy way out and tell myself that there's going to be other opportunites in the future. Thank God for the reminder last night, and I pray that I may strive to live out the truth in my life, and remembering that the gospel is for all, and has the power to save and transform lives.

Comments:
rest more on weekends and drink less coffee! :p

our challenges, i feel, are to [1]know when to share the gospel [2]how to share it in the best(& faithful of course) manner specific to individuals...

the GREATEST challenge? To LIVE OUT the gospel

jai you!
 
How's NIECF doing?
ehlana
 
thx yong chieh! *typo error... where can i bury my head??!* :p
 
haha...thanks guys.. :)
ehlana - we are having an exciting semester, thank God that we can have the opportunites to organize lunchtime talks and supper talks on campus. It has been challenging for the CGLs as they have to prepare the questions for each bible study after going through the training. Appreciate your prayers! How's school? :)
 
Lol..what does that have to do with not being ashamed of the gospel?? =D

Press on sister! (and other bros and sis'z in Christ) It's encouraging to see the gospel doing it's work amongst us even as we try to obey the great commission ;)
 
Glad to know things are going well! Maybe we can meet up something....
How's school ah? Hmmm.... read my blog! Has been quite a bad week! :'(
~ehlana~
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?