Wednesday, August 04, 2004

 

Be Good...

Not sure how many of us can still remember what we learnt in 'Hao Gong Ming" when we were in primary school. Did it really impact us? Hee..

I just had my first lesson on Teaching of Moral Education (I). Note: It's Part One. One more to come. MOE really think it HELPS the kids. But...looking at the kids now..I think we know the results.

I've always thought it's a waste of time. I've spent 2 modules on Moral Ed in Year One already. It's good in one sense..cos it's the most relaxing lesson, no need to think, just drink tea and listen to my tutor joke...then crap for reports. haha..

On a serious note, I'm still thinking how I can be teaching kids about morals and it's implications on the gospel. Sadly, our government knows that we have to keep on teaching kids to be good, upright, decent, filial, etc. so that they wil not be corrupted in their thinking, esp. in this age of globalization. The fact is Man is sinful, but this is in total contrast to what we have been teaching in school, that by default, Man is good. The challenge for me is to fulfill my job as a teacher, to teach what I'm required to and be wise to know when I can be bring in the gospel.

Comments:
I'll always remember my sec school moral ed teacher.

A moral-less teaching others morals.
 
we're living in a conspired world... it's sadly "must do cos boss says so" instead of "should do cos its good for the kids"... well, may God grant you wisdom :)(may He grant ALL of us wisdom...)
 
lols. haogongming was very slack in my primary sch. cause my cgm teacher is my chi teacher. so she wld use the hgm period to teach chinese. lols. secondary school the CE period even worse. nothing goes in. even though its supposed to. ohwellls.
 
^ that was me ^^U -forgot to add name-

__phy
 
HAR HAR!!! hao gong ming.. "ren ren xue xiao" thats the oni thing i remember abt it.. farni sia.. correct rite?!

ho ho~ aiya u can wan la~ jia you! kids nowadays really is hor-ri-gi-ble.. they noe vulgarities even i've nvr heard of.. *sigh* ok ok exgaggerating.. but really la.. its true.. their vocab is basically juz "zhang hua"

anyways.. my sec sch called it pastoral care.. hur hur.. turned into english lesson..

-clarine-
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?