Saturday, August 28, 2004

 

Be God Pleaser and not Man Pleaser

Reflecting on myself right now..Am I being superficial and outwardly religious? Am I a God Pleaser or a Man Pleaser? I've been reminded twice this week through faithful teaching of the Word. I guess it helps to constantly think about this, especially so when I'm busy with ministry. I've to admit that sometimes I lose my focus, thoughts of what others think of me and whether they approve of the things I do fill my mind. But I thank God for convicting me of my sins, that I may learn to fix my eyes on Christ, who has made me right with God. I'm just like the pagans if my heart is far from God. I think Rev Andrew Ong puts it appropriately, "Maximum Appearance, Minimum Obedience." May I learn what it means to tremble at God's Word and seek to be obedient to Christ always.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?